Welcome back, we’ve missed you!
We reopened our doors on Tuesday 18th May and are so pleased to be able to welcome you back to our award-winning museum.
Daventry Museum is a friendly and fascinating social history museum with regularly changing exhibitions and programme of events. Supported by a team of invaluable volunteers and funded by Daventry Town Council, this cultural hub is where people meet to share stories and learn about Daventry’s rich history whilst also shaping the continuing history of the town.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon and making your visit a memorable one!
What to expect on your visit:
Having listened to our visitors, volunteers and staff, Daventry Museum will continue to have COVID-19 safety measures in place; these include protective screens where necessary, social distancing, hand sanitiser stations and regular cleaning.
We also respectfully ask our visitors, staff and volunteers to wear a face covering whilst in the museum, (unless you are under age 11 or are exempt).
Please see below for additional information about what to expect on your visit:
- We respectfully ask that face coverings are worn by those aged 11 and above, unless you’re exempt.
- Pre-booking is no longer required.
- There’s a one-way route signposted through the museum, which is included within the Visitor Handout – map of exhibitions & quiz and is easy to follow.
- We ask that you keep a safe distance apart during your visit. Staff are on-hand to advise and there are floor markers throughout the Museum to guide you.
- If you are visiting the Edible England exhibit then please keep to one social group in this room and wait until a group leaves, before going in.
- Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Museum. Please avoid touching the museum exhibits.
- We’ve introduced extra cleaning measures for your protection.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please be respectful and considerate of others on your visit.
1st Saturday of the month
All other times by arrangement
Call 01327 301246
Email: [email protected]
Daventry Museum is located on the ground floor of the Town Council Offices.
The address is: 3 New Street, Daventry, NN11 4BT
Parking for the Museum is available at public car parks opposite, on New Street and next to Tesco, 100 metres away.
The Museum occupies a historic building which has three steps at the front. Level access is available at the rear of the building via Church Walk.
Please ring the bell at, or knock on either door and we will be happy to help.
There is a male and female toilet on site, and disabled access toilet with baby changing facilities.
There are no facilities for eating at drinking at the museum (food and drink are not allowed in the museum) however, there are plenty of places to grab a snack in the town
Planning your day
Make the most of your day out in Daventry and explore the rest of this beautiful, historic market town.
View our hot stops