Wind Up Gramophone
78rpm Record Player wind up gramophone (c. 1930's) His Masters Voice and two records used at St James Street School, Daventy. It was used in music lessons from the 1930s. The spring mechanism had to be wound up with the handle each time a record was played. The record player that was electrically operated superseded gramophones in the 1950s and vinyl records replaces the shellac disks.
|Record number:||DAVTM 2011.459|
|Simple name:||record player|
|Production information:||His Masters Voice or HMV as it was later known produced this wind up gramophone.|