A Royal Typewriter Company model from 1960s with the "Royal" brand name printed on the carriage. Purchased from Chisholm Billingham & Co, Regent St, Northampton. It was guaranteed for 6 months. Used in and later donated by Danetre Hospital.
|Record number:||DAVTM 2011.229|
|Classification term:||work and play|
|Period:||20th century, mid|
|Production information:||The Royal Typewriter Company was founded in 1904 in New York, by 1957 they had produced 10 million typewriters. In 1966 the company acquired the English typewriter producer Imperial and this model was labelled an Imperial typewriter possibly from information given by donor. Olivetti the Italian typewriter manufacturers (and later computers) purchased the company in 1986 until 2004 when the company became Royal a private American company once again.|
|Associated person:||Royal Typewriter Company Brooklyn, New York|