Mayoral Chair Presented to The Borough of Daventry from 1926
Wooden 'carver' style chair with burgandy leather seat and arm rests. The headrest is carved with the Dane and the tree and the date 1595, both symbols of Daventry. The silver plaque underneath the carving states that the chair was presented to The Borough of Daventry by James Howell of London, the father of Mayoress Miss Olive Howell, related to Mayor Willian Charles Howell who was Mayor in 1926 to 1927.
|Simple name:||mayor's chair|
|Classification term:||rich histories|
|Production information:||The silver plaque was made and engraved in Birmingham.|
|Associated person:||Howell, James Esq (London) commissioned the chair.|