Daventry Rural District guide booklet 1940s
A guide booklet to the Daventry Rural District likely from around 1946-1947. The pages include advertisements from shops companies and services in business at the time. The booklet also details a guide to the rural village in the 'Rural District'. The Daventry Rural District ran from 1894 to 1974. It entirely surrounded what was the borough of Daventry and was administered from Daventry but did not include the town. In 1935 it expanded, taking over the parishes of the former Crick Rural District. The district was abolished in 1974 and was merged with Daventry and with most of Brixworth Rural District to form a new Daventry District.
|Simple name:||rural villages booklet|
|Classification term:||work and play|
|Production information:||Booklet thought to be published around 1946-1947 because of the reference to the 'rates' during those years, within first few pages which outline interesting details about the district as a whole|
|Associated organisation:||District council (rural) Daventry Rural District|