Welcome back, we’ve missed you!
We’re thrilled to officially announce we are opening our doors again on Tuesday 18th May and we can’t wait to welcome you back.
Here’s a few things you need to know before visiting Northamptonshire’s reigning Heritage Site of the Year 2019, (that’s us by the way):
- Pre-booking is required on our next Saturday open day on 5th June and are allocated to 1 hour visiting slots starting at 10am, 11am, 12pm 1pm 2pm and 3pm. Visiting numbers will be limited to enable social distancing. Please follow this link to book now: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/daventry-museums-victorian-leisure-exhibition-open-day-saturday-5th-june-tickets-153972671405
- Pre-booking is required between 1st June to 4th June to coincide with Northamptonshire’s half term. 1 hour time slots will be available from 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, and 12.30am, and visiting numbers will be limited to enable social distancing. Booking link to be released shortly.
- During the week you do not have to pre-book however, if you plan to attend with a group then please do phone ahead and advise.
- Please arrive at your allocated timeslot with your e-ticket or print out of ticket.
- If your plans change and you are unable to attend your visiting timeslot then please call 01327 301 246 or email email@example.com as soon as possible.
What to expect on your visit:
- Face coverings must be worn by those aged 11 and above, unless you’re exempt.
- There’s a one-way route signposted through the museum, which is included within the museum programme, and is easy to follow.
- We ask that you keep a safe distance apart during your visit. Staff are on-hand to advise and there are floor markers throughout the Museum to guide you. Please be considerate of other visitors and staff.
- Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Museum. Please avoid touching the museum exhibits.
- We’ve introduced extra cleaning measures for your protection.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Under the UK Government’s NHS Test and Trace scheme(Opens in new window), we’re required to ask every visitor aged 16 and over to provide their contact details for Test and Trace.
- Please follow government guidance(Opens in new window)and visit in groups of no more than six people or a group of two households. Maintain a social distance between people you do not live with.
Daventry Museum is located on the ground floor of the Town Council Offices at 3 New Street, Daventry, NN11 4BT
Download our Museum Leaflet here: Daventry Leaflet
Usual Opening times
1st Saturday of the month
All other times by arrangement
Call 01327 301246
Parking for the Museum is available at public car parks opposite on New Street and next to Tesco 100 metres away.
The Museum occupies a historic building which has three steps at the front. Wheelchair access and disabled parking is available at the back of the building via Church Walk.
Please ring the bell at, or knock on either door and we will be happy to help.
There is a disabled access toilet with baby changing facilities.
There are no facilities for eating at drinking at the museum (food and drink are not allowed in the museum) however, there are plenty of places to grab a snack in the town: Love Daventry Map