Welcome back, we’ve missed you!
We reopened our doors on Tuesday 18th May and are so pleased to be able to welcome you back to the museum.
Having listened to our visitors, volunteers and staff, Daventry Museum will continue to have COVID-19 safety measures in place; these include protective screens where necessary, social distancing, hand sanitiser stations and regular cleaning.
We also respectfully ask our visitors, staff and volunteers to wear a face covering whilst in the museum, (unless you are under age 11 or are exempt).
Please see the additional information below on what to expect on your visit. Please note that pre-booking is no longer required for our Saturday open days.
What to expect on your visit:
- We respectfully ask that face coverings are worn by those aged 11 and above, unless you’re exempt.
- There’s a one-way route signposted through the museum, which is included within the Visitor Handout – map of exhibitions & quiz and is easy to follow.
- We ask that you keep a safe distance apart during your visit. Staff are on-hand to advise and there are floor markers throughout the Museum to guide you.
- If you are visiting the Mr. Men exhibit then please keep to one social group in this room and wait until a group leaves, before going in.
- Hand sanitiser stations can be found throughout the Museum. Please avoid touching the museum exhibits.
- We’ve introduced extra cleaning measures for your protection.
- Please do not visit if you feel unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please be respectful and considerate of others on your visit.
Daventry Museum is located on the ground floor of the Town Council Offices at 3 New Street, Daventry, NN11 4BT
Download our Museum Leaflet here: Daventry Leaflet
1st Saturday of the month
All other times by arrangement
Call 01327 301246
Email: [email protected]
Parking for the Museum is available at public car parks opposite on New Street and next to Tesco 100 metres away.
The Museum occupies a historic building which has three steps at the front. Level access is available at the back of the building via Church Walk.
Please ring the bell at, or knock on either door and we will be happy to help.
There is a disabled access toilet with baby changing facilities.
There are no facilities for eating at drinking at the museum (food and drink are not allowed in the museum) however, there are plenty of places to grab a snack in the town: Love Daventry Map