We are very lucky to have been given an original gas lamp post which used to be situated at Daventry Railway Station. The station, originally built in 1888 as an extension from Weedon Bec to Leamington Spa, was demolished in 1963 but in 1969 Mr Norman Scrimshaw from Woodford Halse acquired the lamp post. He paid £10 for it and put it in… Read more »
Posts By: Museum
Very proud to announce that our Wall of Faces won ‘Highly Commended’ at the awards ceremony on July 10th! Here is our certificate in pride of place in the lobby. Come and visit and take a look at this fabulous piece of work by the young people of Daventry.