General admission from Tuesday 29th September 2020, Tuesday – Friday 10am- 1.30pm
We are super excited about welcoming visitors back to the museum and we want to ensure that it is a pleasurable, comfortable and safe experience for all. As such we have put the following safety measures in place;
- We ask that you do not enter the building if you or anyone in your household has any symptoms of COVID-19, including a cough or high temperature (click here for symptom list). Instead, please follow NHS self-isolation guidance and reschedule your visit to a later date.
- If you are visiting us on the first Saturday of the month, please make a booking by contacting us on 01327 301246 or email email@example.com to book your visiting slot. Weekday visits do not require a booking to be made but do feel free to email us and let us know that you are planning a visit should you wish to.
- When you arrive at the museum you will by asked to wait to ensure social distancing and allow us to take note of your name and a contact telephone number. Visitor’s must give this information or scan the QR code displayed in the museum to support the NHS test and trace service. Daventry Museum will hold your data securely for a period of 21 days after your visit. If, during that time, the test and trace service needs to contact visitors from a particular day, Daventry Museum will pass your name and contact telephone number to them. If, during that time, no contact has been received from the test and trace service, a member of staff will destroy your data.
- All visitors (excluding children under 11 and those with medical exemptions) will be required to wear face coverings throughout the museum. For up to date guidance regarding face coverings, please visit www.gov.uk/facecoverings
- Hand-santiser must be used upon entry to the museum and it is available at various points throughout the museum.
- Please respect social distancing guidance and stay 2 metres apart from staff and other visitors.
- Please follow the one way route in place around the museum indicated by floor markers and the plan within the exhibition programme.
- Extra cleaning will be carried out during the day, to assist us with this please refrain from touching or leaning on the cabinets
- We know you’ll be excited to return (we’re thrilled too!) but do resist the urge to hug us or the museum exhibits!
We regret that toilet facilities will not be available for visitor use.
The Virtual and Veritable Cabinet of Curiosities is a digital exhibition available online in the form of two short videos and a physical exhibition available to view in the museum. Visit the dedicated Virtual Cabinet of Curiosities page here.